Friday, August 29, 2008

Spelling Tests

Today was our first spelling test. I can tell students worked hard practicing their words this week. The children had to write the ten words they studied as I said them in a sentence. I was pleased at how they handled having two separate lists this week. Nobody got confused during the test even though I gave both sets at the same time. Students also were tested on two bonus words this week, which are words we have practiced as a word family or as a special interest for the week. They will not know these words ahead of time. Each group has the same bonus words. We also will have a dictation sentence each Friday. It is graded for spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. I was pleased that everyone remember to capitalize the first word in the sentence today. Some children did not remember to put an ending mark (a period) even though I reminded them several times.

Congratulations on all your hard work. Next week we will have a new set of words for each group. Some words may repeat from week to week.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online