Thursday, March 15, 2007

Fish

Last weekend I added some new fish that we adopted from the aquarium that used to be in the front entranceway. Two of those fish have since died. One was called "broken tail fish" because he was slightly deformed when I added him to the tank. I couldn't bring myself to flush him, even though I felt like he would problably die soon. So yesterday he received a proper burial after passing away. The other fish was nicknamed "pogo stick" because he kept jumping vertically up and down- which was not normal for a fish. He died today too.

It has been interesting to observe the children's reactions to the fish this week. They have been very interested in the strange behaviour of the fish, but were not outwardly upset when they died, just scientifically curious about the changes occurring.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online